Tuesday 25 March 2008

March 26th 2008

Morning at home loosening my hip - ouch. Two Brambling, House Sparrow and Bullfinch on garden feeders and a large Sparrowhawk soaring overhead. Steve Seal sent me many pictures from yesterdays visit - these Common Buzzards are pretty good considering camera was hand held and they were high up over our heads and a nice action shot of Grey Wagtail at Draycote Water.





A visit to pond this late afternoon produced Common Scoter male and female, first Swallow of the year (my second earliest arrival date), 20 Sand Martin, Little Ringed Plover, Shoveler 5 (three male & two female) Sparrowhawk 2, Green Woodpecker, Wheatear male, Pied Wagtail 90 +, White Wagtail and third winter Iceland Gull.
Up dating records - my patch list for the year is 130 plus two sub-species all with in six miles from home and looking at the weather forecast for next week looks as if my blog may become erratic as its looking good for birding and mothing so no sleep for the wicked - o and only five more weeks for my big get away - Georgia, Armenia, Spain - bring it on. Finally Happy Birthday Dave Cox 59 equalling his waist.

No comments: