Wednesday 26 August 2009

August 26th 2009

With the last remnants of Hurricane Bill due to drop some wet stuff on us today I had no intention of going out, but by 7am there I am being lashed by strong southerly winds turning south west and heavy rain on farborough spit, Draycote Water trying my best to rustle up a Skua or Shearwater.
Not a chance but at least the effort of being present when a weather front goes through paid off with juvenile Kittiwake and 2 juvenile Black Tern out in the centre and the small party of waders that had been brought down by the rain were resting on farborough bank included 6 partial summer plumage Dunlin, summer plumage Sanderling and a juvenile Turnstone. I lasted another hour but as my water proofs gave up on being waterproof I scuttled back home sharpish.

Richard

No comments: