Saturday 5 June 2010

June 5th 2010

A very warm night resulting in a magical catch with 26 species and 74 moths for the garden but lost most of um when I kicked the trap over so had to rely on Dave’s 36 species from 150 moths for photo opportunities for Bob and April when they came round mid-morning. John rang in the afternoon reporting a Red Kite over the Bumbling Bears house in Long Lawford heading east but I could not pick it up from my place and I had very few birds in the garden till gathering storm clouds early evening produced 2 Hobby and a Sparrowhawk over the garden.

Sandy Carpet - a new garden moth for Dave putting him on 289 macros and 125 micros for his garden trap so not far behind me.

Banded Demoiselle female Brandon Marsh

Banded Demoiselle male Brandon Marsh

Red-eyed Damselfly Brandon Marsh

Again many thanks to Bob for his photographs

Richard