Sunday 19 September 2010

September 18th 2010

Apologies for late postings but as autumn migration takes hold they may become erratic due to a number of birding and mothing trips I have planned and a couple of non-birding weddings to attend though the locations are near enough to some good birds that I can sneak off to when I’m bored. The mothing trips are desperately needed as my own trap seems to have died with very few moths coming in to the garden lately though a Sallow yesterday put a smile on me face. There are also two steam trains coming in to Rugby in October and will post what details I have later.

This afternoon a Lesser Whitethroat was along the Flecknoe Road near the Baseley Smallholding in the Grandborough valley along with a Grey Partridge and 3 Raven overhead.
Another 2 Raven, Wheatear, 4 Tree Sparrow and a Corn Bunting were around Beck Hill while a late afternoon visit to the pond just after it had finished raining produced 2 Wheatear, 5 Yellow Wagtail, and 12 Meadow Pipits on farborough bank, Sanderling and 2 Dunlin in toft bay plus the now regular juvenile Shelduck and Egyptian Goose. Plenty of hirundines present and toft shallows had Treecreeper, Common Sandpiper and Blackcap. On the way home 3 Oystercatchers were over Dunchurch village heading for the pond and could be heard over the noise of the traffic.

Right I better get me finger out as boy Dave will be round in a few minutes

Richard

No comments: