Friday 15 October 2010

October 15th 2010

After a long day and arriving home late I was snug bug in a rug when a hands off socks call gave me ten minutes to get my act together and an hour later there I am half a sleep enjoying a juvenile Lesser Yellowlegs at Port Meadow, Oxfordshire then a quick look at the Dipper on the River Windrush at Witney on the way home.
Conscious I had been neglecting the pond I made an effort to get there late afternoon and the Lesser Scaup was in toft bay along with a late but tatty looking Wheatear near the sewage farm and a Rock Pipit opposite the hide searching the shoreline. Hope to do it more justice tomorrow especially if this cloud cover breaks.

Local News – Paul C had 126 Fieldfare, 88 Redwing and 2 Brambling over Napton on the Hill in a two hour session this morning and Mark had a Kingfisher over his residential garden in Bilton, Rugby yesterday.

Richard

No comments: