Saturday 28 June 2008

June 28th 2008

The best nights mothing since I started, over 1300 moths of 120 species and still counting and the trap at home was just as good.
Out early checking the area around the Cranes may have gone down in but gave up after twenty miles and bum ache. Barn Owl, Little Owl, Corn Bunting, Yellow Wagtail, Buzzard 8 and Sparrowhawk for my efforts. Met up with Helen, John and Alfie for a walk out to farnborough bank but little seen tho earlier I had a Common Sandpiper in toft bay. After coffee I searched the country park and managed to find two Marbled Whites but it took ages to get this picture in the blustery conditions.

Marbled White
Little else seen apart from third summer Herring Gull in toft bay on the way out and by time I arrived home the rumour mill was indicating one of the Cranes had been found in /near Leamington Spa but i was too tired to Chase up details.

Richard

No comments: