Thursday 29 January 2009

January 29th 2009

Well I'm back from The Gambia and boy this weather is yuk. Had a stunning trip run very efficiently by the family run Halcyon (www.halcyongambia.com)based in The Gambia who catered to our every need and put a lot of good field craft in to helping me and my friends see 269 species in a week keeping us well fed, watered and smiling. I only needed 26 of those for my world list but some of those were real crackers and difficult to get species so can't praise them enough especially Mustapha our local guide who is a brilliant birder. Will put a report out soon under the 28th Jan blog once I have warmed up and completed me notes.
Had to force me self out this afternoon and made a quick trip to the pond but did not have my heart in it so it was a quick look at the Shag, Red-necked Grebe and Great-northern Diver before rushing back to my fire place. Far as I can tell there's not been any new arrivals so don't think I have missed much.

Richard

No comments: