Monday 1 March 2010

March 1st 2010

A pleasant afternoon biking around the valley produced 2 Buzzard near Flecknoe, 2 Grey Partridge at Grandborough Fields and a Little Owl by the double barns along the Flecknoe Road before finding at least 6 more Buzzards between here and Napton Reservoir. The reservoir itself had Cetties Warbler showing well and singing its heart out and 2 Meadow Pipit.
Unfortunately I was too late for the roost at Draycote Water but in time to have silhouette views of a Woodcock over the sewage farm heading towards toft shallows.
Chatted with Stave Seal this morning who was in Norfolk a week ago photographing some of the species I mentioned in my Saturday blog so I have update the 27th February blog and included a few he kindly sent me and well worth a look (scroll down).

Richard

No comments: