Saturday 14 August 2010

August 14th 2010

A damp visit to the pond this morning produced 2 Little Egret and Snipe in toft bay, juvenile Little Ringed Plover on the inlet, 6 mobile Common Sandpiper, 2 Dunlin, 2 Common Tern, adult and juvenile Yellow-legged Gull, plus Garden Warbler in the inlet channel, juvenile Wheatear valve tower, Spotted flycatcher in biggen bay and 20 Sand Martin.
Back out again for the roost but the heavy thunderstorms spoiled any chance of seeing anything distant but did have the bonus of a Grey Plover passing close by off the inlet as it arrived just after the rain stopped and headed towards the wind surfing area where it may have landed.
I arrived home some what bedraggled to find one of my moth traps floating away.

Richard

2 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Hi Richard, I thought you might appreciate a sensible comment! Just wanted to say how much I enjoy following your blog which enables me to keep up with news from the pond (as I now think of it) particularly when I am not able to get there myself.

Richard Mays said...

Hi ShySongbird
Thanks for your support
regards

Richard