Sunday 29 August 2010

August 28th 2010

I stayed clear of the pond till late afternoon checking the Grandborough valley which turned out to be a wise decision as most of yesterdays goodies had cleared off overnight.
Starting at Toft Farm there were 2 Barn Owls at first light and as I worked my way towards Woolscott there were 3 Red-legged partridge, 4 Tree Sparrow and a Sparrowhawk. Along Hill Rd just outside Grandborough village a juvenile Wheatear and 7 Skylark were near Gimswood and 2 Raven over Broadwell as I made my way to Napton on the Hill. A young migrating Redstart was on private land near the windmill and 3 Spotted Flycatchers near the churchyard otherwise it was pretty much the same as my last visit.
My timing was way off when I went out again late afternoon to the pond and got drenched from a heavy downpour which brought down 14 Dunlin but not much else seen apart from Turnstone, 2 Little Egret, 2 Ringed Plover and female Goosander.

Richard

No comments: