Thursday 2 June 2011

June 2nd 2011

After Bob came round to photograph last nights catch I had a quick look at the Grandborough valley managing a distant Red Kite over Flecknoe village, 3 Raven, 3 Red-legged Partridge, Lesser Whitethroat, 4 young Yellow Wagtail, 2 Great-spotted Woodpecker, Spotted Flycatcher and 6 Tree Sparrow.

While Bob and I were in Bedfordshire yesterday (see previous blog) Terry was in Gloucestershire seeing Duke of Burgundy which we had been hoping for and sent me this shot of a pair continuing the species.


and he also had Small Blue.


As we come in to the summer months birding will take a back seat as mothing, orchids, butterflies dragonflies take over plus the odd steam train and of course my beloved space shed which is due to make a good pass on the 4th and 6th with excellent passes on the 5th and 7th - all early morning passes and not forgetting those boys with the big thighs in La Tour which I'm going to see on one of the mountain stages in france combining it with some birding and butterflying.

Think I should rename this blog 8 hobbies and a funeral

Richard

No comments: