Thursday 29 September 2011

September 28th 2011

Little sleep as I was up early getting terrific views of the Space Station going over early then a mid morning ambled down to the station appreciating the heat wave and Tornado's 10 minute stay.
With out the crowds it was a very relaxing affair although some comedian on the station platform staff referred to those waiting for her to arrive as aliens. I managed a few decent photos for a change while she waited for right of way before continuing on to London while earlier Alan had it pass under the road bridge near Brandon Marsh and Colin a wee bit further down the line.

60163 Tornado passing the road bridge near Brandon Marsh by Alan Anscomb

just arrived in Rugby

given the right of way and starting to leave

The Black-necked Grebe is still present at the pond along with Dunlin, Ringed Plover, 2 Shoveler, 5 Wigeon, Pochard, 4 Gadwall and adult and third year Yellow-legged Gull while the Napton Reservoir bird is also still present so two birds on my patch at different locations - magic.


Over the weekend Ashton Roydon Hough arrived on this planet making me a Great Uncle (again) - well I knew I was great any way. Once he's on his feet and can sit on my cross bar he will be in the field.

Last minute invitation to observe how other moth'ers were getting on tonight at Shuckburgh produced 28 species in there traps while I was there including my first Autumnal Rustic, Merveille du Jour, Wax Moth and Red-lined Quaker of the year. I was grateful for not running my own traps as this gave me the time to study the milky way and a few metorites. Tawny Owl heard

Richard

No comments: