Wednesday 19 October 2011

October 19th 2011

Three Brambling flew over the garden just after first light.
Had the makings of another poor visit to the pond till a phone call from Bob doing his circuit while I was in the country park livened things up. Whooper Swans heading towards you he shouted but I couldn’t spot a bloody thing and while I was frantically searching the buggers had flown behind me and called just in time before my heart gave out. The flock of 15 (poss only one juvenile) flew back over the reservoir before leaving for the south east. Might be the same flock seen at Daventry Country Park later in the day.


Only record shots with my box brownie half a mile away

Also present was a Turnstone on the inlet, first winter Yellow-legged Gull, 2 female Goosander, Ringed Plover, 8 Buzzard, 3 Raven and a female Scaup. The Scaup had been present since Monday but distant and elusive and I am never 100% sure till the nail is nailed (couldn’t find it yesterday) so luckily had good views of it in rainbow corner.

Turnstone by Bob Hazel

Only a trickle of migrants over - mainly Skylark with the odd Redwing and Linnet.

Richard

No comments: