Monday 13 February 2012

February 13th 2012

A male Pintail surprisingly walked out of toft bay, Draycote Water to feed past the hide with a group of Mallard otherwise Bob and I struggled though there was an overnight increase in Teal and Wigeon. A Yellow-legged Gull adult on the island, 14 Goosander and 6 Siskin was the best we could manage.

I was bored so took this and very few birds on the feeder.

Meanwhile I have received enquiry’s about the progress of my picture, the Space Shed and Steam Trains. Unfortunately I have not had time to paint since I arrived back from my holiday as my Gambian Diary is taking longer than anticipated so here’s how it looks at the moment.


No Steam Excursions due through the patch at the moment and the “shed” is just starting to perform its evening fly over’s but good viewing passes not until the 20th so will post times later in week.

My first moth for nearly a month has just appeared – Spring Usher.

Richard

No comments: