Tuesday 13 March 2012

March 13th 2012

While photographing my moths this morning Bob tried to hide his disappointment when I mentioned I had seen an adult Iceland Gull fly through the gloom at 7:40am over Montague Road on my way back from Sainsbury’s but he lit up like an Christmas tree when it flew overhead at roof top level just after 9am. Once finished with my garden we moved on to Dave’s to check his trap out then gave the pond a 3 hour visit but the gloom remained with no signs of improving. Yesterdays waders had all decided to stay with Oystercatcher, Little Ringed Plover and Ringed Plover in the same locations with only another Oystercatcher on the island indicating any wader passage.
Also logged were 40+ Meadow Pipit, adult Yellow-legged Gull, 5 Wigeon, 7 Gadwall, 44 Goldeneye, 2 Shoveler, Green Woodpecker, Reed Bunting, 70 Redwing and 40 Fieldfare.

recent moths have included

Twin-spotted Quaker

Common Quaker

Amblyptilia punctidactyla

Agonopterix heracliana

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing. Until today I was unfamiliar with the various breeds of moths.