Friday 9 March 2012

March 9th 2012

A disastrous day out photographically when I travelled up to Stafford to watch 5043 Earl of Mount Edgcumbe and 46201 Princess Elizabeth steam through as a double header with two supporting coaches on there way north to Carnforth from Tyseley only for a passenger to stand in front of me just as I clicked a 11 shot burst so too late to get another shot off. I returned disgruntled to Rugby to await the passing of 44932 on its way south but unfortunately just as she arrived an over enthusiastic bunch of Vikings on a Hen party jumped me so another shot ruined. Only bird worth noting was a Little Egret on the river near Shugborough tunnel between Rugeley and Stafford.
This evening’s sky was more rewarding with Venus and Jupiter close together and you can just make out the smudge of Comet C/2009 P1 Garradd with the aid of bins as she passes Ursa Minor at 7th magnitude though don’t blame me if you strain your neck. Venus and Jupiter become even closer over the weekend.

Richard

No comments: