Wednesday 14 May 2008

May 13th 2008

Well the last few days of the holiday were hectic as we managed to add Grey-necked Bunting, See See Partridge and Radde’s Accentor to the list of birds that were new for me while other species added to the holiday list included Black Vulture, Sombre Tit, Paddyfield Warbler, Crimson-winged Finch, Pale Rock Sparrow, Lesser Short-toed Lark and Bimaculated Lark. Came away with great memories of good birds, scenery and very hospitable people.

Arrived home just in time to put the trap out and though not as warm as everyone has been telling me it has been, I did catch my first Pine Beauty so pretty pleased with that. Just a record shot - have'nt time for artistic pleasure.


Only home for a day so its been a quick whiz round with the mower, repack and sort the domestics out before I travel to Spain with Dave and friends tomorrow for six days, should be a bit more relaxing and at a much slower pace.
Had planned a quick visit to the pond but ran out of time so had to content myself with Swifts and Sparrowhawk over garden while Magpie 2, Collared Dove and Bullfinch were welcome visitors.

Richard

No comments: