Thursday 12 June 2008

June 12th 2008

After last night torrential rain I had intended to be out early but the body decided other wise and slept most of the morning so its been a day of garden watching which produced a few Swifts and a Magpie getting very frustrated with my moth trap as he could see the moths resting inside but due to the glass panels couldn't gain access for a free feed.
Buddy Dave sent me this photo of Bee Orchid just outside his place of work in Rugby which reminded me I need to check on the sites I have in the valley.

Out with Dave again tonight to Draycote Water where it was pretty quiet apart from a family party of Whitethroats, single summer plumage Black-headed Gull and 20 Lesser Black-back Gulls. The valley had 10 Lapwing including a pair acting if they had young, Green Woodpecker and 60+ Lesser Black-backed Gulls sitting amongst the sheep.

Richard

No comments: