Saturday 21 June 2008

June 21st 2008

Last night was humid and cloudy with rain starting around 4am producing the best garden moth catch of the year with 73 moths trapped of 30 species while half a mile from me between the Inwoods Farm and North Lodge on the Ashlawn Road this was mirrored with my best field catch of the year with 378 moths trapped of 81 species from two traps and two light sheets I was running so my evening was very busy. Bonus of Tawny Owl perched in the light of one of the traps and by the end of the session I had managed to add three moths to my Warwickshire list.
The rain came in with vengeance so rest of the day attending a family meeting so only a Sparrowhawk over garden, Buzzard over St Cross Hospital and a Spotted Flycatcher on the edge of Rugby Schools polo ground to report.

Barred Yellow, garden

Leopard Moth, garden

Common Emerald, Inwoods Farm.

Richard

No comments: