Saturday 5 September 2009

September 5th 2009

I was down the pond by day break hoping something had come in overnight but after 5 hours with out a sniff and leaving the visitors centre for a second circuit I did a spectacular summersault over the handle bars. Luckily some helpful people got me back on me feet and the Rangers patched me up. Heavily grazed knee, bruised back, elbow and legs and dislocated thumb which popped back in all most immediately but it’s me pride that’s hurt the most.
At least 6 Swift amongst the many hirundines
Yellow Wagtail 12 on toft bank at 6:30am and 25 over country park later
Black Tern juv
Dunlin, Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper in toft bay
Pintail and Goosander females off inlet
Spotted Flycatcher in the country park
Yellow-legged adult and 2cy at first light along with juv Med Gull
Sand Martin 200
Tree Sparrow below farborough spit found by the Wild boys
JJ and Alfie had Lancaster Bomber over the country park heading north mid afternoon.
Moths are extremely poor at the moment so 2 Red Underwing on the wall of the rangers yard was notable and Dave’s Frosted Orange trapped last night was well worth getting Bob to do his magic.

Richard

No comments: