Tuesday 27 April 2010

April 27th 2010

Been pottering in the garden for the last two days and kept informed by Dennis and John of the presence of Black-tailed Godwits at Brandon Marsh but just can't get motivated. I even wheeled the bike out but the thought of sitting on me bum for 12 miles did my head in. Think I'm all birded out so need to make sure I perk up before my guided walk on Thursdays, meeting at 11am at the visitors centre, Draycote Water. Hopefully the weather will be dry though a little cooler than of late.

Steve Batt sent me this shot of a Cuckoo which he took while butterflying at Ryton Meadows yesterday.


Seems to be more around this year so should catch up with one before they leave!!

Bob came round to photograph Daves Brindled Green this afternoon and will post it later - think I'm off to beddy byes.

I have completed the first five days of my Israel Trip with photos from Dave and Terry - scroll down to 8th April.

Holly Blue 2, Orange-tip, Small and Large White butterfly's in the garden today but no bird activity worth mentioning.

Richard

No comments: