Sunday 28 June 2009

June 27th 2009

After last nights mothing session I eventually surfaced to find I had over 200 months to sort out in my garden traps eventually identifying 61 species before getting ready for another session tonight. Clay was new for the year and amazingly I trapped 4 of theses Buff Arches when normally I’m lucky if I get one in a year.

Buff Arches
Most of the day has been humid and cloudy with very little bird activity in or over the garden. Sparrowhawk over at 2pm and Lesser Black-backed Gull at 4pm. A wander to Sainsbury’s via the Cock Robin nature reserve brought me my first Emperor Dragonfly of the year.
Travelling locally to Frankton for tonight's session we passed some old fishing ponds which had a pair of Teal on and while waiting for the rest of the tribe managed Buzzard, Garden Warbler and Blackcap.

Richard

No comments: