Sunday 28 June 2009

June 28th 2009

Another cracking night in virgin territory with our host taking a keen interest doing the rounds to see what we had caught. Although the full count is still being collated the plus side for me were the 3 V-Pugs I trapped, the numbers of Heart and Club a species I rarely catch and the hundreds of micros that's taking ages to get to grips with. Biggest surprise was the Marbled White and Meadow Brown butterflies that were in one of my traps. In the night Tawny Owl and Barn Owl were heard and as we broke the traps down in the morning we had Great-spotted Woodpecker, Mistle Thrush, Willow Warbler, Skylark, Whitethroat and Chiffchaff.

V Pug

Marbled White

Engrailed
As Dave was away I had his garden trap and mine to clear down before crawling in to the sack.
Later in the day I had a walk to Dunchurch managing Buzzard, Hobby, Treecreeper, Willow Tit, Nuthatch and Spotted Flycatcher along with Red Admiral, Large Skipper, Meadow Brown, Speckled Wood and Ringlet butterflies.

Richard

No comments: