Tuesday 14 July 2009

July 13th 2009

Last nights mothing session was a tiring affair having hauled my gear in to the depths of Ryton Wood where I thought I might do some good and by the time I was set up and had a brew I was shattered so woke to hundreds and I wasn’t disappointed with the discovery of my second Warwickshire Lobster Moth, my first Privet Hawk-moth and Slender Brindle and a catch of over 700 moths and 112 species. That now puts me Warwickshire list on to 526. A couple of Tawny Owls kept me company.
I was out again mid-day when I suddenly developed stomach cramps and spent most of the afternoon connected to the big white telephone before it subsided. Dave came round in the evening to see if anything was left of me and armed with enough house points we have finally sorted out where we are going next year so I have some research to do.

Richard

No comments: