Friday 17 July 2009

July 17th 2009

Out with Dave this afternoon visiting Brandon Marsh so while we tucked in to coffee and loads of cake he helped me with the last few micros I couldn’t identify this morning. Also double checked my id of Dwarf Cream Wave which is only the second record for my garden.
Once fed and watered we took the risk of a quick walk to the hides before the next shower arrived. East Marsh had at least 9 young Common Tern, 3 Redshank, 4 Oystercatcher, 2 Ringed Plover, Little Ringed Plover and the adult Common Terns saw off a low flying Buzzard. Very few butterflies or dragonflies about which was not surprising considering the amount of rain we have had in the last 24 hours but a pristine Comma on the path in front of us was nice. We just made it back to the car park when the heavens opened.

Bob Hazell sent me this picture of Gold Triangle he found on the walls of the café at Draycote Water but the weather has yet to bring in anything new.

Richard

No comments: