Wednesday 23 July 2008

July 23rd 2008

Not been out today so the only birding news I have is that Graham Rowling (he of Bee-Eater fame) contacted me regarding yesterdays young Common Tern. It was ringed at Brandon Marsh. They are using colour rings in the following order:- Red over metal on right leg is the code for Brandon (see page 72 of the 2007 Brandon report and the colour on the left leg indicating the year, 2005 Light Green, 2006 Black, 2007 Red and 2008 White. Cheers Graham I find that very useful though it also shows I haven't read the report fully.
Brilliant weather for mothing last night resulting in my garden trap producing 38 species from 130 moths while over at Shuckborough on the invite of one of my farming contacts I managed 65 species from 245 moths in just four hours so that bodes well for tonight as its another humid night and another invite. Did manage to add to my garden list with a Bordered Pug. Luckily its one of those that are pretty distinctive and easier to identify than some of that family.
Rest of the day has been sleeping, re-packing my mothing gear and watching those boys on la tour going up some monstrous bike eating mountain.

Richard

No comments: