Tuesday 29 July 2008

July 29th 2008

A steam train going through my bedroom at 2am made me realise we were having a tremendous downpour which temporally flooded the garden. I shot out in the only suit I have and saved the trap and its contents from floating away which was a good job as I had a Least Carpet, the 10th record for Warwickshire and of course a garden tick. Spent the first part of morning e-mailing picture for confirmation arriving at Draycote about 11:00 in time to watch 5 Black Terns out in centre with a Little Tern before they pasted real close off farborough bank and away with only one Black Tern remaining three hours later on my way out. Other birds seen were Common Tern 4, Garden Warbler, Buzzard 2, Yellow-legged Gull adult, Kingfisher and missed Bob Hazells 3 Common Sandpipers and Oystercatcher. Silver Y moth was in toft shallows.

Richard

No comments: