Wednesday 9 July 2008

July 9th 2008

As forcasted its been a crap day with hardly any let up in the rain so its been a shopping day then back home and Bob came round for coffee just as a juvenile Greenfinch fed on feeders. Earlier there had been a young Dunnock and a few Swifts so that's my sightings for the day.
On the plus side I have been doing some homework and the Green Silver Lines moth that was in my trap of 22 species from last nights garden session was the 31,500 moth I have caught in Warwickshire since I started mothing in August 2005 bringing my total number of species seen for the county to 464. That is pittance compared to the list which is around the 1600 mark so must try harder. My garden list is 274 two behind Dave's (that's just macro's (the larger moths)though if I add on the micros I am way in front but that's not fair to me buddy as he is only just starting to take an interest in the little ones.
Also been checking on the recent Whale and Dolphins sightings in the Bay of Biscay as me, Dave, the Bumbling Bears and Ma Bear will be out there in a months time. Doing the Portsmouth to Bilboa ferry trip and is one of the best ways to see them without forking out thousands. Think this will be my 14th trip to the area and have seen 9 species of Whale and 5 species of Dolphin and still hoping for the elusive Blue Whale which has been seen from this public ferry service.

Richard

No comments: