Monday 7 July 2008

July 7th 2008

It must have been National Puncture day - had two. First one as I was just entering the valley mid-day so a three mile trudge back home and the second this evening as I left Draycote Water. Bike nearly went in pond and another two and a half mile trudge, oh did I mention it was raining.
Still the rewards out did the pain with my first Greenshank of the year in biggen bay and a Black-tailed Godwit going straight through. Also seen were Common Sandpiper2, Grey Wagtail, Buzzard 2, Great-spotted Woodpecker and Common Tern. The odd looking duck has re-appeared which I though was Hartlaub's Duck but thanks to Bob Hazells pic looks like some Ruddy Shelduck type hybrid.

hybrid by B Hazell
Dave came round for coffee this evening - dead chuffed with himself. Trapped his first Drinker, his second Plain Golden Y and a very well marked Spinach so he has left them with me to photograph in better light.

Richard

No comments: