Thursday 11 September 2008

September 11th 2008

Both mine and Dave's traps had Brindled Green and Lunar Underwing in them and once I had cleared both down it was off to Draycote Water just in time for a deluge to start just before eight. Well at least I was not the only hardy sole out in such weather meeting up with Neville later in the day. Not much change since my last visit with Shag 4 immatures on the boats in front of cafe, Goosander 5 near valve tower, 3 Black Tern out in centre along with 3 Common Tern. New arrivals were 5 Snipe feeding on the shoreline of the outlet and Redshank in toft. Numbers of Yellow Wagtails were down with only 2 seen. Other sightings included 98 Cormorant, Pochard male, Pintail female, Willow Warbler 2, Swallows 200, House Martins 300, Sand Martins 40 and Swift 2 while I missed Neville's Kingfisher and Wheatear. In the afternoon Terry Southgate had 2 Hobby and female Common Scoter and while catching up with my blogs I noticed one of my feeders had a very greedy Mouse which must have fell in - eat all the seed then could not get out.

Richard

No comments: