Wednesday 15 October 2008

October 15th 2008

I’ve been in the emerald isle adding Little Blue Heron to my Western Paleartic list with a juvenile at Letterfrack, County Galway which has been around for nearly two weeks and then managed to see the Philadelphia Vireo at Kilbaha, Loop Head, County Clare which is my second record this side of the Atlantic (first was on Scillies 1987) and could not resist a look at the Snowy Owl female at Belmullet, Co Mayo. Only my 4th record of this stunning owl,the last in 1990 so well worth the search.
There were plenty of other birds to be had and some awesome scenery so another successful trip.
Soon as I arrived home it was a check on Draycote Water as there was very little news on the place. Two female Goldeneye out in centre were my first returning birds of the winter, one Little Gull first winter in toft bay, Rock Pipit on farborough bank, Redwing 3, Kingfisher in toft, Great-spotted Woodpecker and Buzzard 2

Richard

No comments: