Thursday 16 October 2008

October 16th 2008

Another trip - Day out with Dave in Norfolk and we enjoyed a Peregrine hunting over Cley marshes but it also flushed off the Wilsons Phalarope which then became extremely elusive and we never got to grips with it in 5hrs of searching. Dave's second dip in a row. It showed well again late afternoon long after we had gone.
Very strong westerlies so apart from Little Stint, and Spotted Redshank 2 amongst the waders, Marsh Harrier 2, Little Egret 8 around the reserve with Razorbill 2, Guillimot and Red-throated Diver all going west off shore it was not one of our better days.
No more trips planned for a few days unless something bionic turns up so its back to the bread and butter of birding tomorrow doing my patch, when I have caught up with my sleep - I'm shattered.
A very smart Green-brindle Crescent in my trap.


Richard

No comments: