Tuesday 28 October 2008

October 28th 2008

Last night was clear and frosty with early morning fog so dug out me long johns, hat, scarf and gloves for the ride to Draycote Water. Fog soon lifted and pretty impressed that there were two birders already out but reality soon kicked in when they didn’t even give the Whooper Swan immature a glance as they walked passed. Other new arrivals included 14 Reed Buntings, 4 Shoveler and another Little Owl making it two for the day but no sign of Little Gull or Shag so I am sure they have gone. A steady stream of Starlings went over heading south west with a few Skylarks and Meadow Pipits. Also seen were Great-spotted Woodpecker 3, Green Woodpecker 4, Gadwall 8 and Kingfisher.
Left for Lawford Heath just as the rain started so struggled to keep dry when I got there and though there were still plenty of finches around I gave in when the skies darkened hoping I would be home before it dropped but alas another soaking.

Richard

No comments: