Wednesday 21 October 2009

October 21st 2009

Overnight rain cleared by the morning but the low cloud cover continues.
The Lesser Scaup was with 8 Tufted Duck off the pontoons at first light making sure I could find it before the fishing boats moved and it went walk about. Only other birds of note was a Stonechat behind rainbow corner that’s been here a few days but likes to wander down to the River Leam so not the easiest bird to track down and a Chiffchaff in toft bay. Bob came round for a chat in the afternoon and a session with me moths – at least they keep arriving and when the sky started to lighten a Sparrowhawk and Meadow Pipit flew over garden.

Feathered Thorn

Dark Chestnut

Satellite

Green-brindled Crescent - a bright individual

Richard

2 comments:

Hornet said...

Hi Richard, I can't believe I've only just found your blog. Turns out it's the best way of finding out what's good on my patch - much better than reading my own blog :-(

I'd have killed for those bramblings at Napton (another gap on my patch list) - I'm not going to get up there for another week or so, so keep 'em warm for me.

Marc

Richard Mays said...

Hi Marc
At least your out and about. Will let you no if I can nail any Brambling down.

R